To receive emergency notifications all Boone County residents are urged to provide their contact information and notification preferences on the CodeRED enrollment page. Go online to www.boonecountyky.org/em and click on the CodeRED logo to reach the community enrollment page.
Every Boone County resident, business and other occupancy should sign up; however registration is especially important for those:
- with unlisted phone numbers
- who changed phone number or address in past year
- who use cellular phone or VoIP as primary phone
Businesses and other occupancies with multiple phone lines should register their main line only and plan to distribute the information.
- CodeRED Weather Warnings – automated technology delivers phone calls, and, if you wish, text messages and emails to locations within the projected path of severe weather.
- Establish a managed account and choose general (non-emergency) notifications you would like to receive (i.e. law enforcement information, road closure and construction information).
All data and information submitted through the enrollment process will be protected and not released to others for any purpose or use.
Questions should be directed to Boone County Emergency Management – (859) 334-2279.