DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday, July 23, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
The Hebron Fire Protection District (HFPD), a dynamic public safety agency, is seeking experienced, energetic, motivated individuals to join our organization and is accepting applications for entry level & lateral entry Firefighter/Paramedics. The HFPD provides fire and emergency medical services to 42 square miles of Boone County, Kentucky. The district is a diverse mix of rural, residential, commercial and industrial properties. The district protects a residential population of approximately 23,000 people, 12 miles of Interstate 275, 13 miles of the Ohio River and the facilities of several Fortune 500 companies.
The Hebron Fire Protection District offers a generous compensation and benefits package to include:
• FF/Medic salary range, DOQ – $62,958.79 – $68,148.62 plus $4,000.00 state incentive pay.
• Longevity pay (eligible after 5 years)
• Employer paid Medical and Dental Insurance – Vision Care Reimbursement
• Employer paid Aflac Critical Illness insurance
• Kentucky Retirement System – CERS Hazardous Duty Retirement
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Personal Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
• Life Insurance – Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
• Deferred Compensation Plans
Qualified candidates must:
- Have at least two (2) years of experience as a full-time firefighter-paramedic.
- Be licensed as a Paramedic with the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services (KBEMS) or provide evidence of certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as an EMT-P.
- The candidate shall provide evidence that he/she is certified as a professional firefighter under the guidelines set forth by the Kentucky Fire Commission and/or be able to provide evidence confirming completion of NFPA 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications certification.
- The candidate must authorize and be subject to a thorough background investigation.
- The candidate must demonstrate previous successful completion of a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) in accordance with KRS. Valid CPAT card not required
- The candidate will complete an educational examination and one or more oral interview(s).
Applications can be obtained at HFPD Station #1, Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00 pm.
All applications are considered confidential. Starting salary dependent upon qualifications. HFPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 23 by 4:00 p.m.